Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No baby yet!

Here I am, 6 days overdue, and at work. My parents arrived last night, and I can already tell it's going to be crazy. They had to bring their two cats (because they have "issues" -- the cats, not my parents... ha!), and with our one cat and the tiny house, I can tell it's going to be pretty crazy when MaybeBaby DOES arrive.

So, my parents' arrival is partly the reason I haven't updated on facebook, but also because when your status doesn't change, your status doesn't change. I should have updated with "status unchanged," I think. It's getting frustrating!

For those of you on facebook, if you'd like to post something about how I haven't had the baby yet, I'd appreciate it! :)

So, there may be a light at the end of the tunnel, friends. I was supposed to have another appointment tomorrow (a week past the due date). At my last appointment, I was still at 2 cm and 50% effaced (so, no change) and the midwife (TMI alert) tried to bring down my cervix. Ow! It didn't work. She did say that we could go ahead and schedule an induction for a day after Wednesday, if I wanted to, in case I didn't "go on my own" before then.

Ian and I talked and decided this coming Friday might be good - I'd get in more days at work and we'd worry about money a little less, and it just seemed like a good idea. However, someone at work told me that if I get bumped for someone else, I might have to wait until MONDAY, which would be WAY TOO LONG. (The midwife had said that she didn't want me to go until May 4th.) So, I called the OB yesterday and talked to another midwife who said that they wouldn't just schedule me for an induction (no matter when it was) without having seen me for an exam. So, she recommended that I try to change my appointment from Wed. to today, which I did this morning. She said that they generally will admit an induction the night before, so I'm wondering if maybe, just MAYBE I might get them to enter me into the hospital tonight!!!

Or they could look at me today and say no, I need to wait a while longer.

Oh, my friends, I am READY for this baby to come out! I'm scared, but I am tired of not being able to feel my hands. Also tired of people saying, "Haven't you had that baby yet?!" You would think they'd be tired of hearing themselves say it, but I guess you'd be wrong, wouldn't you?

No comments: