Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Beginning of The End? (Or The End of the Beginning?)

Hello, everyone!

There is good news! I went to an appointment this afternoon and found out that while I might go into labor on my own, due to a procedure a midwife did today, I am scheduled to go into the hospital tomorrow night at 8 pm. At that point they'll give me Cervadil, then the next morning they'll start me on Pitocin to get me going. They said that since I'll be overdue at that point, I have a medical reason for being induced and I am not likely to get bumped to another day. The baby will probably arrive, then, on April 30th. I will keep you all updated the best I can!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes these past months -- everyone has been really great and it has made me feel really special that you guys are so interested.

I love you guys!!!

5 comments:

Ellie said...

I just copied this from my facebook note posting, so I didn't describe the procedure... As some of you have probably guessed, though, the midwife stripped my membranes. You know, I thought the membranes would actually come out somehow, but ... they don't. Anyway. Thought some of you might like the clarification -- and some of you are probably like, "CRAP! I didn't want to know that!"

Anonymous said...

Still giggling at the fact that you said that there is now "light at the end of the tunnel." Tee hee! You are already reading MaybeBaby's thoughts!

Love you! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oops--that last comment was by me.

Yay Erin!

Liz Walters

Anonymous said...

Also, how many expectant mothers include allusions to Winston Churchill in their blog posts?

NOT ENOUGH!!!!

[This is Liz again. I guess that's kind of obvious at this point.]

brook said...

Well, it was definitely the end of your blog posting...